The qualification for Women’s EHF EURO 2018 started in June 2017 with the matches of the first phase being played in two groups in a tournament format from 9 to 11 June. Faroe Islands and Kosovo qualified for the second, the main qualification phase.
This main qualification phase was played with seven groups of four teams each between September 2017 and June 2018. The top two teams of each group as well as the best third-ranked team overall joined hosts France at the final tournament. To determine the best third-ranked team, only the matches played against the teams ranked first and second were taken into account.
The final tournament draw will take place on 12 June at 12:00 in Paris at the Maison de la Radio.
The preliminary round groups look as follows
- Group A: Denmark, Serbia, Sweden, Poland
- Group B: France, Montenegro, Russia, Slovenia
- Group C: Hungary, Spain, Netherlands, Croatia
- Group D: Norway, Romania, Germany, Czech Republic
The final tournament takes place from 29 November to 16 December 2018. The host cities for the event are Nancy, Nantes, Montbéliard, Brest and Paris.
Qualification Phase 1
Friday 9 to Sunday 11 June 2017
Qualification Phase 2
Rounds 1 & 2: Wednesday 27 September to Sunday 1 October 2017
Rounds 3 & 4: Wednesday 21 to Sunday 25 March 2018
Rounds 5 & 6: Wednesday 30 May to Sunday 3 June 2018
Final tournament draw
12 June in Paris
- Thursday 29 November: Opening match France v Russia
- Preliminary round from 29 November to 5 December in Nantes, Nancy, Montbéliard and Brest
- Main round from 6 to 12 December in Nantes and Nancy
- Final weekend from 14 to 16 December in Paris